- Framingham, Massachusetts
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jessica Wolcott
Consumer Insights Specialist for eComm
Manage primary market research programs for a fortune 500 retail company as well as partner with global divisions as needed) to achieve the goals of the broader organization domestically and globally. Identify, analyze, synthesize and communicate data effectively. Provide strategic thinking to shape actionable business ideas and inform brand strategies. Ensure the voice of the customer is clearly, accurately and consistently represented across all functions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONCIBILITIES
Drive the design and implementation of primary and secondary research programs for domestic divisions (and support global divisions as needed).
Responsible for the following key areas:
- Brand Strategy Development: Lead qualitative (e.g. concept testing) and quantitative research (e.g. Brand Tracking) to provide key customer insights to help build effective marketing programs.
- eCommerse Experience Optimization: Lead qualitative (e.g. shop-alongs) and quantitative research (e.g. Customer Satisfaction Study) to provide key consumer insights to help improve the eCommerse experience.
-Brand Communications Planning: Support brand teams as part of core team for annual planning, offering actionable, timely insights to meet brand goals.
-Strategic Foresight: Identify short and longer-term business opportunities based on consumer attitudes, perceptions and behaviors, competitive activity, and/or eCommrese trends. Validate these concepts early on.
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Support of key cross-functional partners in articulating and elevating their consumer insight needs. Management of the consumer research projects, transforming the learning into business building insights to meet brand and corporate goals.
- Management of the relationship with outside research vendors. Negotiation of proposals and management of the research budgets.
-Collaboration with peers to create internal Consumer Insights best practices
Bachelor's degree required
Experience in Marketing
Minimum job skills required to perform this job (for example: programming languages, strong interpersonal skills, computer software packages).
Curious, creative individual
Strategic, long-term “big picture” thinker
Successful track record in managing primary customer research
Analytical, proficient with quantitative reporting and statistics
Experienced with qualitative research methodologies
Highly collaborative, team player
Strong communication and presentation skills
Detail oriented, able to multi-task effectively