- Raleigh, NC
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
We are looking for a talented Visual/UI designer to help redesign the website for a large online service. This person should have at least five years of work experience in product design and implementation (collaboration with Front End developers or UX coding), visual and interaction design, design research, design strategy, information architecture. We require demonstrated skill and knowledge in developing high-functioning products in the following areas: online services, large web applications, corporate websites, software applications, or consumer electronics devices.
• Design, specify and accompany implementation of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user analysis and requirements, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, and interaction design.
• Produce user requirements specifications, user profiles, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications. Provide interaction and visual execution examples through design files or codepens.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Development and Test teams in seeing the designs through from planning to implementation.
• Work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• BA in Interface Design, Visual Communication, Product Design, Industrial Design or related design disciplines.
• Minimum five years of design experience; design consultancy or product development experience desired.
• Strong knowledge of design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications and consumer electronics.
• High-caliber visual design skills; a deep understanding of typography, composition, and layout principles. Attention to details and style consistency.
• Experience with mobile applications, interactive and/or web-based products.
• Knowledge of contemporary interaction design conventions, principles, and best practices.
• Proficiency with design tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Visio, and Dreamweaver
• Ability to organize individual work, scope interactions in task and workflows, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders on timelines and deliverables.
• All candidates must present an online portfolio and/or work samples including mockups and wireframes.
The qualified candidate will be an expert in the following areas:
• Interaction design and the art of graceful UI animations
• Responsive layout
• Web accessibility and standards compliant methods
• Working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to translate design comps into front end code