- Austin TX
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Lisa Mitchell
Our client is looking for a Sr Visual Designer. This is an onsite 12month possible contract to perm with benefits - Medical, Dental & 401K
The ideal talent will be responsible for but not limited to:
The Senior Visual Designer will work within the User Experience team. This individual will support Mobile, Web and Desktop software platforms by developing user-centered design deliverables.
Brief Description of Role:
As the Senior Visual Designer you will lead with the passion, talent and experience to create truly innovative web, mobile, tablet and desktop digital experiences. We are looking for a strong visual problem solver with expert design skills and a desire to define the next generation of client experiences for a top-tier financial services firm. This critical role is responsible for designing best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and delight our users.
As Senior Visual Designer, you will take a lead design role from concept to launch. You will be both hands-on and strategic, creating visual systems and ensuring consistency across platforms. You will work closely with the Senior Manager of Visual Design, to apply and develop the visual standards for digital platforms.
The proven ability to balance multiple projects successfully and collaborate across disciplines is critical in our cross-functional environment. Our company has a customer-focused culture conducive to great user-centered design work. The design challenges are complex and satisfying, and your designs will launch and reach a large, highly engaged audience.
• Ability to create multiple visual design concepts from creative briefs or draft requirements. Interpret and translate wireframes into compelling experiences.
• Apply and evolve the existing user interface guidelines on new projects, and continue to build the design language.
• Work collaboratively with UX Team, product management, technology team, external creative agencies and other designers.
• Prepare deliverables for development teams including redlines to ensure flawless on time execution.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive personality.
• Stays abreast of innovations in graphic design, technology, and digital trends.
• Willingness to collaborate in an Agile development environment
• 6+ years of hands-on experience creating exceptional digital interfaces in an interactive agency or working directly for a nationally recognized consumer brand.
• Experience interacting directly with clients and a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts.
• Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design (highly desired but not required).
• A gifted eye for design and rigorous attention to details.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and shift gears quickly if requirements change.
• Enthusiasm, creativity and a desire to work with an innovative team.
• Have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CS
• Comfortable working on a Macintosh platform
• Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to clearly and respectfully articulate design strategy and process.
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others.