- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- up to $42.90/hour
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
Aquent's client, a large tech company headquartered in Mountain View, CA, is seeking a Research Assistant for a 12–month assignment.
As a qualitative researcher on this team, your primary focus will be on conducting fast research for products used in newsrooms. The goal is to improve the products that are used by journalists for storytelling by helping product teams better understand this niche, but highly influential user. You’ll be working with the client team, the Search UX team, and global teams of designers, engineers, and product managers in Tel-Aviv, MTV, and NYC.
- Work closely with Research and Development Manager and Search UX team to conduct top-quality quick research including surveys, literature reviews, field research, interviews, and focus groups.
- Develop and harness large user base of cross disciplinary journalists and entrepreneurs in the media industry to derive key insights.
- Participate in product discussions for teams that have a clear journalist use case, design reviews, and strategic research planning with Research and Development Manager.
- Collaborate with product teams to define and prioritize research questions with Research and Development Manager.
- Some travel mainly within the United States; minimal travel to Tel Aviv and Europe
Top 4 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Work directly with stakeholders to understand research goals and questions
2. Conduct research directly and manage third-party vendors to conduct studies with target populations using appropriate methodologies and analyze results.
3. Create research deliverables, and communicate research findings with stakeholders
4. Coordinate with in-house resources and third-party teams as needed to establish and manage database of specialized participants and panels
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or 5 years equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience integrating user research into product designs and product development.
- Experience with qualitative interviewing, usability testing, field research techniques, and focus groups
- Adept at survey design and survey analysis.
- Some experience with journalism in the US or abroad, either in academics or industry.
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Excellent project management and communication skills with key stakeholders.
- Ability to distill research findings into concise insights that engage and excite stakeholders.
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***