- Kohler, WI
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Vicki Schuch
Our global client is seeking a versatile Graphic Designer to add to their team.
Responsible for the development of communications tactics across print and online mediums which include: brochures, catalogs, direct mail, corporate identity and advertising as well as web sites, micro sites, e-blasts, and online marketing.
• Take projects through the full lifecycle: initiation, research, concept, refinement, and completion.
• Ensure consistency and accuracy of overall brand communications through close attention to detail.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Obtains approval of concept or revisions as necessary.
• Work closely with Art Directors, Creative Services team members and Communications Specialists to ensure a clear understanding of strategic and creative direction of each project.
• Work with key graphic design applications and operating systems including: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Abobe Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver and Mac OS.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
• Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts, advertising, design, technology, printing and internet applications.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
• Reports to Associate Creative Development Manager
• Assists Art Directors in development of advertising and collateral materials.
• Close working relationships with the Art Directors, Manager-Print Production, Production Designers, Creative Writers and the Communications Specialists.
• Frequent contact with outside advertising agencies, design studios, photographers and illustrators.
• Occasional contact with outside paper suppliers and printing companies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• BFA/BA in Graphic Design/Commercial Art with minimum three years Graphic Design experience in an advertising agency, design studio or corporate in-house department.
• Luxury, global brand experience preferred.
• Must have strong concept, design and production ability shown through portfolio.
• Must have working knowledge of Macintosh computer and supporting software.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners and vendors.
The selected candidate must have a college degree and client requires a drug and background screen