- North Atlanta, Alpharetta
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Gerald Garrison
Copywriters report into the ACD/Creative Director and will partner with other Copywriters, Designers, Art Directors, Designers and Account Managers.
The Copywriter will be responsible for strategic and conceptual development of messages and other content, working on a variety of assignments developing and editing compelling content and ideas for marketing collateral, advertising, new business proposals, email promotions, direct mail, banner ads, website content, training materials and other marketing material as necessary.
The Copywriter will also work closely with several company employees and can be directly involved in Client meetings and presentations.
They are highly energetic, creative thought leaders able to take ideas and turn them into crisp, refreshing, creative messaging bringing the brand to life in digital, print, advertising and web.
· Copywriters will be comfortable generating ideas, developing concepts and editing content for a variety of clients.
· Develop clear, straightforward, engaging messaging across multiple channels (digital, print, direct mail and other media) for a variety of marketing campaigns
· Be able to push conventional thinking of colleagues as well as break down messaging barriers in order to provide recommendations that help solve challenges and/or issues
· During creative kick-off meetings and/or brainstorms, be able to provide critical creative thinking that will help shape and/or influence recommendations
· Ensure team uses creative best practices throughout the creative development process in order to deliver high quality work efficiently, timely and cost effectively
· Have experience with a variety of work depending on the individual client needs.
· Writers will participate in brainstorming sessions working collaboratively with all internal team members to identify key strategic messages and copy points to be communicated.
· Writers will deliver assignments on time and within an allotted budget working within any established brand guidelines that may exist.
· Candidates will handle high volume work levels with a minimum of supervision.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, must be self directed and creative
Ability to simplify complex subjects and write in different voices to different audiences
Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and leadership skills
Ability to interact positively with clients and employees at all levels of the organization
Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of copywriting experience.
Demonstrated proficiency with Mac and PC skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Demonstrated proficiency with AP style
3-5 years experience in financial services industry preferred
Basic knowledge of SEO and social media principles
Significant experience in developing direct response marketing communications content
Agency and/or Corporate Marketing experience preferred
Knowledge of PhotoShop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash, and HTML a plus
B.A. in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
Able to exercise good judgment regarding projects and initiatives and other company-related efforts with general guidance from Creative Services Leader.
Able to communicate challenges to Creative Services Lead as well as help solve them
Able to manage the workflow and direct the work of others, as needed
Able to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and work independently
Team player, flexible and is a fast thinker, especially during critical or stressful times
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked. Contracting long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
-Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
-Access to Fidelity 401(k)
-Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
-Direct deposit for your paycheck
-Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
-Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
-Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
-Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it. The rest is up to you. If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please apply to the posting or send your resume (and any relevant work samples - via PDF and/or weblinks)