AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them bring on a UX Designer for their team in Northern, VA.
As a UX Designer on the Digital team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business analysts to further our understanding of how people interact with their products– you will identify opportunities for change, ideate on concepts, advocate for the needs of our customers, and lead design from empathy to iteration to deliver human-centered solutions to over 65-million customers.
About the Role
UX Designers at this client have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design-thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Design for multiple digital platforms, including responsive web and native mobile apps.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners
- Be a leader and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
Additionally, the candidate will be:
- Customer Advocate: People who experience our designs should feel like we really know them. That’s possible when we keep our customers (and people who aren’t yet our customers) at the core of all our designs.
- Design Thinker: You’ll uncover real business problems, prototype low-fidelity ways of solving that problem, and then design full-scale experiences that serve millions of people every. single. day.
- Interaction Designer: Your designs are fun to use. People say, “Huh, that was easy,” without you having to explain anything to them.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with user experience design
- Bachelor’s degree in Design
- 7+ years of experience with user experience design
- 7+ years of experience designing digital products or 7+ years of experience designing omni-channel services
- 4+ years of experience creating prototypes
- 3+ years of experience with standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)