- San Mateo, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kevin Witthuhn
Senior User Experience Designers - we have a great, contract-to-hire opportunity for in San Mateo with a widely-recognized financial services operation. We are looking for a senior-level user experience designer with a background designing critical B2B mobile responsive applications, ideally for large-scale financial operations.
As a lead designer, this position will be responsible for leading interactive design on an disruptive international transaction application to be used by businesses large and small. Candidates can expect to work closely with cross-functional teams to participate in user research programs, the development of intuitive wireframes & mockups, and ultimately the production of polished final product. As part of a highly-collaborative team, applicants can also expect to lead by example and mentor junior designers on an as-needed basis.
Ideally candidates for this role will have 5 years of interaction design experience, user research, driving design processes, managing team assets and prioritizing projects on a real-time basis. Candidates must maintain a portfolio showcasing wireframes, user studies, sketches, mockups, and related finished products for web and/or mobile projects. The position requires flexibility in working across multiple sub-projects concurrently, with an ability manage priorities accordingly.
Sounds pretty incredible, we know! So what is the day-to-day like? I’m glad you asked, let’s talk about the responsibilities!
- Serve as a lead designer and mentor junior-level colleagues
- Gather requirements from cross-functional teams and product owners
- Develop sketches, wireframes, and mockups for web and/or mobile applications
- Maintain internal brand and visual design standards
- Collaborate on multiple projects simultaneously and maintain open lines of communication on development timelines.
Pretty awesome, we know! Let’s go over the requirements!
- 5+ years of interaction design experience
- Start-to-finish product design experience
- Expert-level skills with Illustrator Photoshop and the rest of the adobe creative suite
- Agile & waterfall methodology experience
Last but not least let’s go over a little about us here at Aquent, so you know what you are getting into with this incredible partnership!
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
**We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn thousands of dollars just for knowing and referring talented friends!**
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to: email@example.com