- Glendale, CA
- Job Terms:
- Depending on experience
- posted by:
- Brie Tomaszewski
Must have a passion for technology and experience working in AR/VR OTT wearable technology etc. This role will be an essential part of the Technology Innovation team and will go long term for the right person (18 months)
As Senior UX Designer you will focus on creating compelling, highly intuitive experiences for a variety of formats (responsive web, mobile, tablets, etc.) for a wide range of audiences, acting as the user advocate throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
● A UX master
Through years of experience you have a deep knowledge of the design process, can craft any deliverable of exceptional quality and lead any testing or design session.
● An effective storyteller
You know how to win people over to your point of view and craft compelling stories that champion experience design principles.
● Business and user minded
You use user-centered design principles to shape UX strategy and positively impact both business goals and the Guest experience.
● Highly adaptive
You thrive in rapidly-evolving, ambiguous environments where you can work collaboratively and stretch your creative muscles to find innovative solutions.
● Skilled problem solver
No challenge is too difficult, you experience the thrill of solving all types of problems with creative ingenuity and elbow grease .
● Curious and motivated
You know that education never ends and you constantly learn new things, through classes or everyday challenges, to stay at the top of your game designing world-class experiences.
● A UX tool ninja
You feel at home in Sketch and Invision but jump to Framer, Axure or any other tool to effectively communicate your ideas.
● Detail oriented
You obsess over getting the right kind of motion for a transition or the optimal button hit- area in web versus Android versus iOS; no detail is too small to escape your view.
● Create detailed experience and interaction designs across a multitude of platforms: web, mobile, tablet, etc.
● Work with other UX and product leaders to establish consistent quality standards
● Create high quality UX deliverables: prototypes, wireframes, user flows, test results, etc.
● Conduct all sorts of experience research: heuristic analysis, user testing, market
analysis, process mapping, etc.
● Present concepts, ideas, deliverables and results to executives and stakeholders
● Ensure experience designs can be technically implemented
● Communicate ideas, best practices and principles
● Work with stakeholders and business folks to gather requirements to influence your
● Create highly scalable design solutions
● Drive and adjust the UX process within the team
● Use analytics and live testing to measure your design decisions against business
● Lots of experience in the UX field
● At least 7 years of user experience design for software and web applications
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or a related field
● Interactive prototypes or case studies in your hosted portfolio
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.