- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- $40 hr + Benefits
- posted by:
- Debra Powell
The Digital Content Strategy Specialist will orchestrate content development projects, content governance and stakeholder engagement for our client’s full service HR web site. This position will use your writing, editing, influencing, project management and creative skills to improve user experience. This position offers the ideal candidate an exceptional opportunity to not only manage content projects with a variety of clients across HR but also help them improve their user experience by designing and applying consistent, usable content templates and using web analytics to help analyze usage patterns and recommend actions for improvement.
The Digital Content Strategist will be responsible for defining content strategy, managing content delivery for web projects and content design and delivery.
• Work with various business partners to drive and support the adoption their internal website as a primary delivery channel for HR information and services;
• Work as part of a User Experience team to lead the content strategy area of delivery
• Define and document content delivery standards and templates for excellent, consistent user experience
• Ensure that corporate style guide is applied for consistent voice and branded delivery
• Manage HR content governance – define processes to manage content currency and accuracy
• Manage the content delivery track for web delivery projects
• Define a task template for content development work that can be reused to estimate and perform content work
• Work with project manager to incorporate content development tasks and timelines within an overall project plan
• Intake client requests for web delivery and work with clients to design effective web delivery.
• Will work with UX designer to design and develop content required for design
• Position requires excellent people and influencing skills to take client documents and adapt them for web delivery
• Strong writing and editing skills to adapt client provided information for effective web delivery
• Experience in web usability and applying usability principles to improve our client’s web site user experience
• Ability to get content approved in a challenging environment (many reviewers/approvers, unclear ownership)
• Be comfortable working virtually with clients who are geographically distant.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company. Benefits Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package. Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting. Other features:
Flexible spending accounts
Discounts and Perks
• 7+ Years of writing/editing or digital publishing experience;
• Broad-based knowledge of web delivery: HTML, CSS, Portal technology, dynamic content, writing for the web, social media
• Portal experience preferred – particularly the use of personalization to deliver the right content to the right audience
• Familiarity with content management systems preferred: IBM Web Content Management, Teamsite
• Demonstrated ability to supervise or mentor team members
• Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain relationships with peers and internal clients
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills