- Bay area or Los Angeles
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Debra Powell
Senior Content Strategist (contract)
This is a long term f/t contract.
You will be able to work remotely with some on site meetings.
This is not web content writer role or a marketing content strategy role. It is strictly Web Content Strategy.
Are you a senior-level content strategist who asks the right questions, digs deeper, and takes pride in solving complex challenges across the content life cycle?
In this contract, your understanding of responsive best practices and content re-use, along with your passion for digital media and demonstrated strategic judgment, will be assets as you collaborate with UX, IA, Marketing, and CMS team members in a role that’s both strategic and hands-on.
• Develop content strategies and define content needs for best-in-class responsive digital properties
• Lead the content track for CMS and migration planning
• Define and gather content requirements
• Identify gaps and locate potential content sources
• Create artifacts across the content life cycle
• Create taxonomies and metadata schema (frameworks for grouping and tagging content)
• Collaborate on creating a content pattern library that aligns with UX patterns and brand guidelines
• Establish naming conventions and nomenclature consistent with UX and brand strategies
• Identify existing content workflows, and opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies
• Define an effective redirect strategy and plan for content maintenance beyond deployment
• Support distributed publishing and content re-use by creating and socializing content guidelines
• Guide internal stakeholders in developing new content and optimizing legacy content as needed
• Oversee content development, ensuring that guidelines and SEO best practices are followed
• Create or develop interface text and instructional copy as needed
• Conduct discovery as necessary, eg interviews, content audits, and analyses
• Provide necessary documentation to enable the content track for complex migrations
• Demonstrated ability leading the content track for mobile/responsive/adaptive projects
• Experience with CMSs, digital asset management, databases, and search marketing principles
• Proven skill at analyzing and applying content structures for mobile/responsive design
• High tolerance for ambiguity matched by a deep passion for organizing it
• Substantial experience (5+ years) creating interactive content, and writing and editing for digital media
• Works effectively as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team
• Self-motivated, organized, and functions well without externally imposed structure
• Ability to evangelize and socialize content solutions to stakeholders
• Degree in a related field, or significant professional training and equivalent experience
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, etc); familiarity with AP style and SEO best practices