***Disclaimer: This is posting is not for one specific position, it is for the on-going need for our clients in the financial services industry***
The Proofreader/Copy Editor is an important part of the Editorial Department, which reviews a wide variety of print and online material to correct any errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and legal and registered trademark usage, in addition to ensuring a consistent editorial style across the brand. Candidate must have proven copy editing experience with some copywriting experience. Fact-checking and proofreading skills are essential, as members of the team collaborate with writers and clients to ensure that copy is clear and in the brand voice. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work with tight deadlines. Frequent interaction with agency project managers, studio staff, writers, and other editors is required; candidates need to be strong team players.
• Ability to interact with others effectively, to make corrections and explain editorial changes appropriately.
• Ability to work both online and offline is required. Department utilizes an electronic workflow tool, so candidates must be comfortable with computer technology and editing online.
• Have outstanding written communication skills as well as a mastery of grammar, punctuation, and style issues.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, within tight deadlines and often within conflicting priorities.
• Candidates must have a minimum of five years of agency or corporate experience or the equivalent, and must have college-level English credentials or the equivalent.
• 1 year