- McLean, VA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Heather Young
Want to use your web development skills to make a real difference in the world? You may have already heard because the word is on the street. There's a design movement happening inside the federal government. We are building a new creative studio inside an innovation lab to support it. In the lab, you'll be working on cutting-edge web and application development projects, improving the way information is delivered and influencing security and intelligence policy at the highest levels.
Our developers are responsible for:
- Building new sites, and upgrading technology
- Applying current and emerging technologies to projects, promoting best working practice and methodologies
- Responsive design
- Consulting with clients, providing helpful guidance and schedules resources to meet deadlines and quality deliverables
We’re looking for folks who have:
- A relentless drive to improve the status quo
- A collaborative team member
- A security clearance! It would be great if you have an active, Top Secret clearance w/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access approval, but you don’t have to have one. If you don’t have a clearance, don't worry, we’ll need to get you one! This means your background should be squeaky clean.
Skills & Knowledge Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience with web development of medium to large commercial sites or enterprise scale internal web sites
- Ability to translate designs into a PHP-based content management system (Wordpress or Joomla)
- Expertise in developing, implementing and supporting visual theming for CMS such as Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla or similar
- Experience with working with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL, and POSTgreSQL)
- Knowledge of ADA 508 regulation
Work will be performed on-site in the client’s offices in McLean, Virginia, and again, Top Secret security clearance will be required for this position!
Please apply through our site. If you experience technical difficulties, please email Heather (that’s me) at hyoung[at]aquent[.com]
Changing how the government does design is Aquent Studios federal division’s mission and we’re making that happen with the launch of a brand new Studio dedicated to supporting the Intelligence Community. Aquent offers the government a different way of looking at developing and executing strategic communications by providing customized solutions that deliver cost-effective, on-brand deliverables across a broad spectrum: print, multimedia, web, video, social media, and mobile. Aquent Studios.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.