We are in search of a graphic designer with strong packaging experience to assist the Product Development team at Dick’s Sporting Goods headquarters. This candidate will assist in the design development of packaging, collateral and product branding for all Private brands in the hardlines, softline and footwear sectors. Reports to a senior designer.
Location: Onsite at Dick’s Sporting Goods headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
Compensation: approx.: $38K annually plus Health, Vision and Dental benefits
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute design process for a given brand/season from conceptualization to identity and package creation.
• Assist in the execution of brand and packaging design on apparel, equipment and and footwear within given brand responsibility (3-6 brands)
• Manages integrity of brand images by delivering appropriate point-of-difference design through collaboration with design peers, brand management, product management, merchants and vendors in line with the brand profile.
• Introduces new creative vision and key designs to keep the brand fresh and relevant in the marketplace.
• Communicate among internal design, external design partners, brand management, merchants, sourcing, marketing and vendors to drive effective and efficient development.
• Assist the Graphic Designer in art directing all photography needs including model photo shoots and product photography.
• Responsible for cataloging and organizing all brand material for UGS, GSI and product teams and brand identity manuals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- At least 3 years of professional work experience as a designer working on packaging
- Previous work for a corporate level company (think Fortune 500 level); experience at a similar retailer is a major plus
- Previous packaging design experience that must include sporting or camping consumer packaged goods that are likely to be found in one of their stores (bike helmets, bats, golf equipment, etc.)
- Portfolio of your product focused work that includes samples of packaging and print collateral (web portfolio or a single, compiled pdf of samples; no zip files)
-Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS (especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
• Possess the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong design skills, including sketching, conceptualization, ideation, color and digital design.
• Ability to art direct and manage photo shoots for packaging, model and product photography
• Ability to design from strategic briefs and around concepts and to clearly articulate design vision.
** If you are interested, please apply online. You will be contacted by a recruiter within 1-2 business days with follow up questions. Heads up: at that point you will also be required to provide us with a link to your portfolio or a PDF with samples of your work that fit the above requirements (under 8MB please).
No calls please!