Long term Freelance/Contract UX Designer with 4-6 years experience in user interface/user interaction design needed.
Our client (corporate setting) requires web application experience as part of the qualifications for this position. This is a fantastic opportunity for what could potentially be up to an 18 month contract with a top national company!
Imperative for qualifying for this position is a significant amount of interaction design experience for web-based applications. Additional key skills will be the ability to work autonomously but also engage outside teams when needed.
Experience with large corporate websites and/or teams a plus.
*Attend meetings with project teams, provide feedback on business requirements and use cases, present information architecture and interface design deliverables, communicate best practices to project stakeholders, and work very quickly.
* Participate in requirements development and planning
* Translate business requirements into intuitive application interface solutions
* Information architecture experience (strategic planning and diagrammatic skills)
* Detailed knowledge of user experience best practices
* Ability to ask appropriate questions, communicate effectively and persuasively convey design solutions to a broad range of stakeholders: product managers; engineers; customers
* Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; comfortable with tight deadlines
* Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Visio and Fireworks
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Gather and understand user needs
* Translate business requirements into intuitive interface solutions
* Develop application maps, process flows, wire frames and mockups with accompanying interaction rules (think UI specification) based on a synthesis of user needs, technical restrictions and requirements and business goals/needs
* Participate in user research/usability testing (as needed or appropriate)
4-6 years user interaction experience
Enthusiasm for the internet as a medium of interaction and communication
Ability to take pleasure in solving complex problems
Flexibility - the ability to solve strategic problems and nail down tactical details while accounting for/adapting to technical and business constraints