Position Overview - SIX MONTH CONTRACT (may extend pending client needs)
Our client, an established Fortune 500 brand, is seeking ambitious creative professionals to execute visual design for web User Experience (UX). Their UX practice operates as an internal agency to their corporate business partners. The work is fast-paced, big in scope, and generates immediate results for the success of the company and their customers. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who thrives in a collaborative setting and enjoys working alongside some of the industry's top UX professionals in a variety of disciplines. This position offers a creative agency vibe, along with a business casual work environment; the best hardware and software from Apple, Adobe, Wacom and more; and an on-site, state-of-the-art usability lab among the best of it's kind.
The work requires a solid understanding of how visual design plays a supporting role in a user-centered design methodology. If you have a heart for innovation, a head for usability, and all the requisite talent to boot, we want to talk to you!
-Will combine creative concepts and design with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative site designs, marketing, presentations and motion graphics for all of the business's web properties, with emphasis on channel services (e.g., search, help, authentication, chat, etc.).
- Should have a bold vision for excellence in web design and will work closely with web usability, content management, technology, marketing and LOB leaders to create a unified, customer driven design direction.
-Execute high quality web design for all the business's web properties under the direction of the Visual Design manager.
- Adhere to design standards and brand guidelines.
- Partner across related disciplines including, usability, content management and web development to meet the objectives of every business engagement.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years experience preferred as a Web Designer at a major agency, retail or financial services institution or large ecommerce site.
- Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Rapid Prototyping, Responsive Web and Wire framing experience a major plus.
- Bachelor Degree, Masters desired, with Major field of study in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Factors, Web Design, Information Systems or Visual Arts.
- Familiarity with Flash, specifically action scripting skill is a plus. Experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and use of Firebug is also advantageous.
- Experience in an e-commerce, media, or start-up environment with tight release cycles.
- Best-practices knowledge of WC3 and other web design standards.
- Excellent understanding of usability/user centered design, UX methodology, interactive design principles, and online branding issues.
- Must be highly innovative and inspire commitment to a higher standard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solutions oriented with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing requirements and conditions.
About us: Aquent is the world's largest and most prestigious staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract engagements ranging from 2 days to 2 years. We offer the industry's best benefits that we subsidize dramatically. Medical, dental and vision benefits are available to you after just 30 days and after 90 days you are free to participate in our 401k plan. We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn cash just for knowing and referring talented friends!
Please submit your resume in MS WORD doc format or PDF along with a 1 paragraph elevator pitch describing your credentials for this role. Be sure to include your portfolio site on your resume.