Today, we announced the results of our flexible workforce study, "Manage Proactively," which showed that nearly two-thirds of marketing, digital, and creative teams leverage some form of an external workforce to help meet marketing objectives. As a result, there is a growing need for management to take a proactive approach to its hiring strategy for contractors in Fortune 1000
To help managers in these departments, we've provided some advice in the study's whitepaper about how to shift towards a more proactive approach to meeting their organizations' workforce requirements.
The flexible workforce study was conducted via an online survey that included 580 responses from marketing, creative, and digital professionals in a variety of industries across the U.S. From the results, we found that as marketing channels continue to proliferate, organizations are relying more on flexible workforce strategies to close the gap between their teams' capacity and the need to cover the growing requirements of marketing channels. Also, that finding a way to harness a flexible workforce in order to meet the demands of navigating traditional and emerging channels, is critical for hiring managers in today's economy.
The survey results showed that:
- Nearly 6 out of 10 managers are reactive in their approach to staffing needs
- Nearly two-thirds of marketing, digital and creative teams leverage some form of an external workforce to help meet marketing objectives
- More than 70% of hiring managers look to external resources when addressing challenges with staff capacity or specific technical skills
The study also found that one of the more technical jobs hiring managers are now in need of is mobile app development, as 40% of those surveyed indicated this position is in extremely high demand. The research also highlighted that being proactive is beneficial to hiring managers, considering that nearly half (47%) of those who were proactive in addressing their staffing needs said their last hire was an excellent skills match.
To help more hiring managers facilitate change in their approach to staffing and recruiting, we recommend the following steps for becoming more proactive, which include:
- Anticipate how your annual plan can (and will) change
- Continually evaluate your current team's performance and skills
- Always recruit, even if you don't have an open position
To learn more about the study results, please download the whitepaper: http://aquent.com/lp/proactive-hiring-marketing-digital-and-creative-contractors